4 medium carrots, sliced
2 medium potatoes
8 oz frozen green beans
1 cup coarsely chopped onion
3 cloves garlic
2 TBL quick cooking tapioca
1 tsp garam marsala (on your grocer's Asian aisle)
1 tsp curry powder
1 tsp ground coriander
1-14oz. can chicken or vegetable broth
1-140z can of diced tomatoes
1 can coconut milk (not fat free)
- In a 3 1/2 quart to 5 quart slow cooker combine all ingredients except Coconut milk.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting for 7 to 9 hours, or high for 3.5 to 4.5 hours.
- at the last half hour, add coconut milk and let warm through.
- serve over hot cooked rice.
Make ahead options:
- using a quart sized freezer bag mix all spices together.