Recently I was chatting with my friend Brandy at a playdate. She mentioned they had fried chicken the night before and gave me this super easy (and delicious) recipe that uses boneless, skinless chicken breast tenders. I have made it three times since then and every single time it turns out super awesome. The kids LOVE it!
- Chicken tenders (or boneless skinless breasts sliced into tender like shapes)
- Beaten eggs
- self rising flour (this makes a much better crust than just all purpose. Brandy's husband Tray discovered this by accident. yay Tray!)
- spices. Use what you like, I used salt, pepper, paprika, and a pinch of cayenne to taste.
- oil, I like canola
- So you heat the oil over like medium on my stove.
- Take the tenders and put them in the egg solution
- then dredge them in the flour mixture. you can repeat this step if you like them more "battery"
- drop them into the hot oil and fry until sorta goldeny brown.
- If you are paranoid like me, cut into them and make sure they are totally cooked.
Curry Ketchup: (tastes way better than you think!) Brian says its a German thing.
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 5 ounces ketchup
- 5 ounces mayonnaise
- 1/4 finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
Peanut Ginger Sauce:
- ½ cup Orange Juice
- 3 Tbsp Honey
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1/2-1 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 Tbsp EVOO
- 1 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- ¼ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 5 Tbsp. Peanut Butter
- 1 heaping Tbsp. grated Ginger
I also offer spaghetti sauce and ranch dressing.