- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons gluten free soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces skirt steak, trimmed of fat and very thinly sliced against the grain (see Tip)
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh ginger
Lettuce wrap stuff:
- 4 cups mung bean sprouts
- shredded carrots
- julienne cucumbers
- 1 6-ounce bag baby spinach
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds, optional
- Romain Lettuce leaves
- chopped peanuts
Peanut Dipping Sauce:
- 1/3 cup of peanut butter
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 2 TBL lime juice
- 2 TBL soy
- little squirt of agave nectar
- chili paste, or shiracha (rooster sauce) to taste
- a little cilantro to taste
- Make the dipping sauce in advance, just mix it all together and stir, alot.. it takes a while to get the peanut butter to incorporate.
- Marinate the meat. I marinated mine for 24 hours and it was WONDERFUL.
- I would like to give you grilling directions, but I am not great at it. I basically threw it on there, flipped it and took it off once it was pink in the middle. Got it inside, realized it was too pink, and threw it in the microwave. It was STILL tender and awesome. But I am sure a real griller could do even better.
- To make the wraps, take a piece of lettuce, and fill it with meat and all the goodies you prefer.
- If you have lettuce and veggies left over, the next day you can take all the leftovers and make a salad, use the peanut sauce as salad dressing.