Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Pork Chops in the Crockpot


I found this recipe over at Full Bellies, Happy Kids. It intrigued me because I love using my crockpot and right now our oven is broken. But I was also a bit worried. Sometimes when I cook meats in the crockpot they become so fall apart tender its hard to find whole chunks of meat. Or, the recipes start to taste the same. This recipe is amazing, the gravy it creates is fantastic and the texture is still absolutely true to what you would expect. The meat barely needed a knife, but it was still in whole pieces.



Ingredients
  • 6 pork chops (I prefer boneless)
  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 2 tsp. salt
  • 1 1/2 tsp. ground mustard
  • 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
  • oil for frying chops
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup
  • 1/3 cup water

Directions
Mix the flour, salt and garlic powder together. I use a ziploc bag so it's minimal cleaning afterwards. Drop the chops into the flour mixture and shake really well until completely covered. Brown them in a little oil, you don't need to cook them all the way through, just a minute or two on each side until they're nice and brown. Transfer to the crockpot.

Mix the soup and water together. Pour into the skillet, stir well scraping the bottom for all the yummy pieces left by the chops. Pour over the chops and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.

Serve with mashed potatoes or rice.....but be sure to drizzle some of that yummy gravy on top. Mmmmmm!

No comments: