Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Shrimp and Chicken Paella

This was really good, but I didn't measure (I know, nice right?) So I am approximating. But see, everyone loved this, even the kids and so it would be almost criminal not to have it again. I don't have a traditional paella pan, and I was a little afraid that it wouldn't all cook at the same time.

Cut up left over chicken breast about 2 cups
two handfuls of boiled shrimp
chopped onion, celery, bell pepper, red pepper and yellow peppers
1 1/2 cups rice
2 cloves garlic
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 1/2 cups water
handful frozen corn
handful frozen peas
6 threads saffron
2 tsp cumin
2 tsp turmeric
siraka sauce (or red pepper flakes might work as well)
salt/pepper

okay I took the rice/water/broth and added half of all the spices and cooked it like I would cook any pan of rice.
When that was close to being done, I added everything else (except the shrimp and chicken) to a big fry pan and started sweating all the veg
Then I added the chicken and shrimp and dumped in all the rice and gave everything a big stir until it was heated through. It was awesome. The saffron is expensive, but worth it.

No comments: